Family Legal Center, LLC
Call us at
Toll free at

March 2017 Archives

Are you an elder orphan?

As you reach your senior years, you may be watching others around you enjoying the companionship of spouses, children and grandchildren. If you have no immediate family, you are among 25 percent of U.S. seniors whom a university study termed "elder orphans." This means you are single or widowed with no children. Whether this was a personal choice or out of your control, the fact remains that, as you age, you have no family to care for you if you should become ill.

Property division in divorce can affect post-divorce finances

The financial impact of going through a divorce can be rather significant if certain steps to protect oneself are not taken. When figuring out a property division settlement, it is not enough just to think about what one is getting; one must also consider the negative consequences that might accompany being awarded certain assets. Pennsylvania residents can turn to legal counsel for help in determining what assets are actually worth pursuing as part of their divorce settlements.

What you post on social media can affect child custody

When going through a divorce, whether in Pennsylvania or elsewhere, there are a lot of little things that can affect one's settlement terms. For example, one's rantings or other posts on social media may be used in a negative way by a spouse in order to get the terms desired. This may not apply to every aspect of a divorce case, but it is certainly true when it comes to child custody matters.

Do not let a child support dispute land you in jail

Support paying parents in Pennsylvania and elsewhere sometimes fail to meet their financial obligations. It happens regardless of economic ability to pay. When child support goes unpaid, it can become a criminal matter. Before it gets that far, there are steps that can be taken to address the child support issue and avoid jail time.

Pennsylvania property division: Divorce and the family business

Divorce does not always just affect your personal life. For those couples in Pennsylvania who own businesses together, dissolving their marriages can have a deep impact their professional lives as well. Figuring out what to do with the business can prolong the property division aspect of divorce, as both parties will likely want to make sure they are doing the right thing for the sake of their company.

Seek help if you are dealing with a child support dispute

Money matters can create some of the biggest issues before and after a divorce is finalized. This is particularly true with child support. It is not uncommon for parents, whether they reside in Pennsylvania or elsewhere, to get into arguments about support payments. If you are in such a situation, an experienced family law attorney may be able to help you resolve the problem as swiftly and smoothly as possible.

Pennsylvania fathers' rights: When and how to establish paternity

There are numerous unwed fathers in the state of Pennsylvania. In order for their fathers' rights to be protected and for mothers to seek financial support, paternity will need to be established. When and how can this be accomplished?

Chris Robinson seeks child custody modification

Famed musician Chris Robinson is going back to court to fight for more time with the son he shares with actress Kate Hudson. The two agreed to shared child custody nearly 10 years ago, but obviously he feels this is an arrangement that is no longer working. Fame and fortune will not make achieving a custody modification any easier. He will have to go through what every parent whether in Pennsylvania or elsewhere will have to go through in order to have a modification request approved.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

4372 Old William Penn Highway
Monroeville, PA 15146

Toll Free: 877-855-1067
Phone: 412-843-0957
Fax: 412-824-0707
Map & Directions