Modifications Of Orders

Pennsylvania has specific laws and guidelines for modifying child custody, child support and alimony orders. The attorneys at the Family Legal Center, LLC, in Monroeville, can help you understand your specific situation and what options are available in your case.

Contact us if you want a modification. We can evaluate your situation to determine the next steps to take.

Our mother-daughter law firm is focused on providing high-quality legal services for individuals and families facing complex family law issues. We understand the frustrating nature of navigating the family law system. We are here to guide you through the post-divorce modification process by answering your questions and providing honest legal advice.

Modification Of Child Custody And Visitation

Child custody and visitation orders can be changed under a few different scenarios. Courts will consider several factors, including the child's best interests, when making decisions on modification requests. A substantial change in circumstances must be shown in modification requests. Factors that can impact a modification include:

  • Custodial parent moving
  • Job change that affects time with child
  • Parental abuse of drugs or alcohol

Several factors are evaluated by the court before the request is approved or denied. Our lawyers can make sure all issues are addressed before a decision is made.

Modification Of Child Support Or Alimony

When can child support or alimony orders be modified? Several factors are considered during a modification request, including:

  • Job loss
  • Change in income
  • Child's needs change
  • Former spouse remarries

A significant change in circumstances must be shown before a modification may be granted. Our modification attorneys can carefully review your situation to determine if you should request a modification. We understand the law and how it applies to your situation. Our approach allows you to know what to expect, saving you time and money in the end.

Contact Us For Help With Modifications

Do not wait to contact our law firm if you have a modification issue. Call us at 412-843-0957 or toll-free at 877-855-1067 to schedule an appointment. You can also contact us online.